Dell Laptop Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseman

In Runtime
Ok here is my story of how dell ruined my day :mad: :(

I went outside for a little bike ride but I left my laptop on like normal but I just logged off so my brothers couldn't use my computer. When I came back home and walked into my room and I noticed my laptop had a BSOD (blue screen of death) so I manually turned off my computer by holding the power button down but when I pressed the button again to turn it on and it started POSTing my hard drive started making clicking noises so I turned it off. Next I called dell to ask them what happened so we went it the BIOS and it saided there was no hard drive (while the hard drive was in clicking away) and some other test thing but the hard drive just can't be found so dell is sending me a new hard drive :mad: :mad: :( :( ALL MY STUFF IS GONE!! and yes I have tried the freezer trick and no luck :mad: :(
I did nothing to my laptop that would cause this :confused:

have you tried the hd in another laptop, but i suppose that wouldnt work anyway, as it wouldnt be able to boot without a format and a reinstall of the os. know anyone with a laptop with room for a second hd?

Nope I dont know anybody nearby with a laptop and I called up a really smart neighbor to ask if he had a adapter for a laptop hard drive to a desktop computer but he didn't have one :(

oh i dunno then. how many files would you be losing with this then? in future, get an external hd, and make sure that you back everything up

about 990 music/audio filse but i have i have ipod that has most of the stuff, pics and stuff for my website moose.homelinux.org, movies, game files, and all that stuff i would hate to lose

it sounds like its crashed, some kid brought a hdd into my a+ class and it did the same thing and all the upperclassmen in the class said it was crashed because the head hit the platter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom