The Whole Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pixel shader 3.0 is not used by alot of games right now, and is still very immature. I don't know why people keep touting that fact. For 100 dollars less than the 6800GT, the XL is at the perfect price range between the 6600GT and 6800GT.

Btw, monarch is selling EVGA 6800GT for 315 after rebates.

key word is right now, Hacp. That will change very shortly. A few games have already started using it. Far Cry, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Battlefield 2. New games coming out will be coded for it

dual channel cas latency 2 memory 1 gig.............you will get awesome bandwidth my brother gets 6.0 gig a seond on his pc lol

Hacp said:
Pixel shader 3.0 is not used by alot of games right now, and is still very immature. I don't know why people keep touting that fact. For 100 dollars less than the 6800GT, the XL is at the perfect price range between the 6600GT and 6800GT.

Btw, monarch is selling EVGA 6800GT for 315 after rebates.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theroy
Day of Defeat Source*
HL2 Lost Coast*
Far Cry*
Stalker*
Battlefield 2 supposabadly

And almost every new high peformance game

Monarch is selling the eVGA 7800GTX, the 6800GT has gone down a great deal in price since the new 7 series has come out. The AMD Athlon 64 processors have gone down in price too since the duel core processors came out.

So the Twinmos are better than the corsair value select?

And, why the DFI instead of MSI? Keep in mind I know little if not anything about OC'ing so I probably won't be doing that. What other advantages does the DFI have?

I have a feeling that once the rest of the 7*** series emerges the 6800gt will drop significantly in price.

should u ever get the urge or wish to OC, there is none better than DFI. DFI boards are also of great quality and reliability, so i would recommend em over the MSI anyway (not that MSI is bad - i have one). and yes get the twinMOS RAM

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll be getting the RAM first, probably really soon. Still not convinced about TwinMos but we'll see... :)

Don't get that ram as its not winbond. Your better off going with value select.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom