Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would have been the problem, i don't have any voltage hogging stuff and when i used the first one i got an error at POST saying " CPU Unworkable or has been changed".

Could it just be an issue/conflict with the Abit NF7-S mobo's?

Drworm2005.

but i got two, the first one wouldn't let me boot at spec and the second one wouldn't let me boot at all not even to POST.

Drworm2005.

Back on the Maxtor issue, i had a WD & a maxtor in my rig, sure the WD was 12 months older but DIED! according to yous the Maxtor shouldve died bout 5 years b4 the WD, no gripes, no problems, just steer clear of Radeon 9200 watever, i know ppl that their monitor said "no Signal & the computer had to be restarted like 5 times to work! ATI=Buggy

lostmanTech said:
Def dont buy emachines....."not a fan boy comment" i have two because my dad loves going to best buy and ignores my cries for a decent computer. They both just have parts that suck....aka bestec psu that doesn't support good graphics card.....aka anything over fx5700. my cdrom exploded....literally....i put a disc in all of a sudden a sound like a bomb was falling occurred and bam....smoke.....the cd was also in a million separate pieces. funny as hell now that i think of it.

CD's tend to do that when there ran at 48x speeds and higher after a few months. Happens to me all the time. I've got nearly $400 invested into Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction disc.

The_Tobes99 said:
Back on the Maxtor issue, i had a WD & a maxtor in my rig, sure the WD was 12 months older but DIED! according to yous the Maxtor shouldve died bout 5 years b4 the WD, no gripes, no problems, just steer clear of Radeon 9200 watever, i know ppl that their monitor said "no Signal & the computer had to be restarted like 5 times to work! ATI=Buggy

Maxtor tend to live longer than WD.

I saw on the first page to stay away from Lite-On DVD drives. I wouldn't agree with that at all. I've had one for 5 years. It originally came in a Micron PC I bought, been through 3 different systems, and still use it to this day. Trust me, some heavy DVD watching has been done on it too. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not RECOMMENDING Lite-On, I just don't discourage somebody buying one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom