How do i use a PSU while not in a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do that cook hotdogs thing, wouldnt the processor catch on fire?
it wouldn't catch on fire, it's just fry and shut down within a couple seconds.

The hot dogs can help cool it by transferring the heat from the chip into the meat! 'Yeah, I keep my Prescott P4 cool with some hot dogs cut in half. it starts to smell funny after a while, but my processor is idling at a coooooool 600 degrees celsius!'

cool i might do that (the psu thing not the hot dogs)cause i have a big ass case with room for a second psu and i have a crappy 420w psu so i might use that just to power the fans but im not sure it seems to be working right the way it is but i hav about 6 fans in there 1 120mm so idk but i was wondering how i would use it without hooking to the mobo. GREAT POST!

The same way bridge the green and black wires, but make sure you have a power switch on the back of the PSU otherwise it will be on all the time.

Drworm2005.

Yes, but if you do it with the paper clip theres an increased chance of the paper clip touching another part of something and possibly short something out. And you could get a nasty shock to. Anyways i use my old PSU to power car amps in my room that are hooked upto my computer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom