Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
is it possible to add anything to your e-mail address to make e-mails go straight to a folder other than inbox, i.e josh's mail? i only want e-mails for me to go to this folder, not all e-mails.

I use Outlook Express 6 but I would think that the same option would be available in most other mail clients.

Create a new folder in the inbox for each mail account, ie: g-mail, isp, yahoo etc.

Now create a new "message rule" for each specified account that places your mail in the corresponding folder. Your g-mail will go to your new g-mail folder etc etc after the messages are downloaded from the server, same with all your accounts.

Have a look here, hope this helps. :)

Mail Rules Pic

the messages are just being sent to my home account, can i do this is the messages are going to a home account? its just a pain dragging every single message thats for me into my folder

Are you using Outlook or another mail client and have tried the steps I showed above? You shouldn't have to drag anything, follow those steps and they will be placed in the corresponding folders when they are downloaded from the server.

Post your addy so I can send you a test mail. Once you get it, edit your post to delete your addy from the board. ;)

If you have another mail account you could always send yourself an e-mail from another account to test it as well.

i added the address from the tf auto e-mail thing that tells you when peeps have replied and it didnt work.

sorry, id rather not post my addy, even for a short time. ill try mailing from my hotmail account.

do you have to apply the rule every time, or does it do it automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom