Most used Windows version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Around here at TF, most people are using Windows XP or at least 2000. But when you go outside the PC enthusiast realm, what is the most used version of Windows by home users? Is it still Windows 98, or has Windows XP Home surpassed it?

At Office Depot, 9/10 customers I get have Windows 98 or earlier. We get very few XP users. This may be just because of the area I live in though. What makes me sick is that MS has extended support for Windows 98 because they still have so many users, but has ended support for Win2k! It seems like all MS cares about is the PC illiterate.

Anyways, does anybody know this information?

Every other computer i've been on in the past year or so has windows XP or 2000, usually 2000. I have though seen Windows NT pop up once though.

From my recent experience, most users have XP Home. As far as those who don't, I rarely see 2000, it's usually 98se.

I use
XP varients
Server 2003
Longhorn

My old school uses XP Pro
My current school is just upgrading to XP pro this year
my family uses XP Pro
4 of my friends use XP home
1 of my friends use 2000
my instructor uses Longhorn
my neighbors (2) use XP Pro

I rarely see 2000, NEVER see NT.

I see plenty of 98 upgraded from 95 and also Windows ME.
Like I said, I only see a few people with XP

My school uses 2000 pro, even though all the PC's have a XP pro COA number on the side of them. Also Mac OSx for the music department - annoying as hell, as all the mac's are the origanal iMac (CRT ones with coloured backs.) And Tiger in the recording studio.

I mostly see xp home, exlcuding my school, as there are about 400 computers with 2000pro, and about 150 in a room, they put the old computers on. I think they use NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom