Cheapest parts website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kray

Baseband Member
What is a good, reliable website for low cost parts?

Not counting Newegg

I noticed that but they all seem either not reliable or higher priced than newegg

IMO Newegg doesnt seem that cheap... like at all.

Maybe on processors and mobos but like hard drives, optical drives, sound cards, just keep your eyes out in your local paper and you can get some cheap stuff from Best Buy, Circuit City or CompUSA... name brand, good stuff too.

New Egg is good for cheap cases/monitors. I usually find that if you shop around, you can find cheaper prices, without the outrageous shipping charges.

Yeah... true to all...

I find it...like this, for most PC equipment...

hard drives: they semi-frequently have rebates on these, that makes them as little as 25 cents per GB. I bought my 200 GB Western Digital at Office Max for $50 (after rebates), a year ago. This doesn't work if you want the fast/best of the best 10k RPM, however.

cases: a LOt of stores in town sell them very cheap, but unless you want a common case--you can't get what you want, so just look on the web:)

water cooling: around here, there's a small computer repair shop in town that sells them very cheap--I've not looked anywhere else!

fans/other light-weight and cheap items: well, they're everywhere except places locally :p They try to rip you off so much around me. the only thing to do here is buy them on the web, and order them in one bunch--or look for one fixed shipping price. That really adds up, especially when you consider how light they all are!

graphics card: I've seen a few rebates for these, but never the best. occasionally sales, but not that great; Froogle seems to turn the most results for the best price.

processor: Hmm, no local store sells these for discounts beyond what Newegg has, lol, again Froogle!

memory: the web...Froogle:p Even newegg has -ok- sales on them now and then, but just look around (on the web)

monitor: depends what type you're after. the local shopper has quite a few -really- cheap, but they are 1) used and 2) usually not the best, but you can't get that for dirt cheap;)

drives (Cd/3.5" etc): the web, again... I used eBay for a recent PC I put together for a friend, it was a lot of "old" drives (3 weeks, and I couldn't tell they were touched..hah!) it ended up being $22.98 with shipping... 1 58X cd-rom, 1 52x32x52 cd-rw, and 1 24x2x4 dvd-rw/cd-rw combo. a real deal :p

I buy stuff constantly, and always go for the best prices--I just build computers for locals (usually friends, friends of friends, family etc.) and charge 1/50th of the retailer's price...still making some $! (ok, not 1/50th, haha)....but you get the point.

It's all good!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom