New Hd, Upgrade Cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff-Raff

Baseband Member
i have a new hd (New comp just built it) And i have a windows Xp home edition cd. The cd says UPGRADE on it and when i put it on fo rit to load it says that I have no Previous version of Windows. Is there a way to bypass this?

You can do a clean install using the upgrade cd. It will ask you to place your "old" Windows CD in so it can verify the upgrade and will continue a clean install after the verification.

For those folks that purchased Windows XP upgrade CDs or have OEM CDs—yes, you can install a clean copy of Windows XP using them. Follow the instructions that I've outlined in this column. The setup program will ask you to provide the qualifying product's CD. After it verifies that you have the CD of the product you're upgrading, the process continues normally. If you're stuck with the OEM's recovery CD or don't have a CD that qualifies, you must install the recovery CD first, and then upgrade to Windows XP.

Look HERE, the above was taken form the bottom of the page.

i cant bye pas that with like like a floppy of the windows file it looks for? I have windows xxp on my outher hd buts that ide, and my new one is sata i dont know how i could transfer that

tribalsun just told you how to do it, without having to reinstall windows 98

i dont have my old Cd, wel i do but its my pc it's for that model pc and when it loads it says its not a NEC computer. I have a win 98 restor cd that dosent work, i tryed all the "98" cd's i have there is no way to bypass it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom