AGP 4x vs AGP 8x benchmark results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. PCI-E is much more expensive with Nivida is because of SLI. Also your supply and demand analogy is flawed, because it would imply that AGP cards would be in short supply, therefore increasing the price, but lets not get into that.

Its because of SLI, stupid Nivida, grarrrrrrr.

Theirs a high demand and high supply for AGP cards right now, they still make them ya know.

As I said ignore that part. I don't want to argue something pointless and not related to this thread.

Btw, AGP 4x ROX.

It's not only the 6800 GT AGP that is cheaper but the 6600 GT as well. Matter of fact, I haven't seen any card where the AGP is more expensive than its PCI-E counterpart.

If PCI-E is cheaper to manufacture, then why are PCI-E boards more expensive?

x800 Xl AGP is more expensive than the x800XL PCI-E. This is because it requires special technology to convert Pci-e to agp, and also because there is no SLI for ATI to price gouge on.

For some reason the AGP 6600GT's are cheaper in the states, but the PCI-E versions are cheaper in Canada

Nice benchmarks chris...

btw, for anyone that wants to know

2x- 47k
4x (basically 8x and 16x)- 53k

i can do 2x benchies because i can run my pci-e slot @ x2

The reason that there will be no AGP 7800 is cuz it costs nvidia a lot of more money to produce a good bridge chip for a native PCIE card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom