What is a good mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
You create a binding for two keys to change the ingame sensitivity.

Also I think with the diamondback the DPI stays the same all the time, because you can change sensitivity without changing DPI

First, that binding keys is smart I can't believe I never thought of that before.

No I'm pretty sure you change DPI when you change sensitivity when using the Diamondback. Not sure I haven't used it in a LONG time. But for the MX-518 when you switch sensitivity you are essentially switching DPI. Even in the settings you can set which dpi to switch to.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10121

I have fallen in love with the Razer Diamondback after reading a couple of reviews.

Now which colour, Chameleon or red... Hmmm....

Need to save up £5. Shouldn't be long. :p

edit: found a great place t buy it from (http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=sear...g=Razer+DiamondBack&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0) And it has the plasma one for very little more, is it worth getting that? Is it any better than the other ones, as I have only seen it for over £10 more than the normal Razers.

MX 518 or Razor Diamonback. The differences are so slight that its opinion at this point, not fact. If u have big hands, i would say logitech, cuz the razor is a little small

So it really comes down to price :p

I't can't be any smaller than my mouse, as my hand completley covers it, and my fingers go over the front.

I can't afford the MX518 anyway, it is £10 more, plus the place I will get the razer from doesn't have the MX518, so it is another £8.50 for shipping.

dhw200 said:
MX 518 or Razor Diamonback. The differences are so slight that its opinion at this point, not fact. If u have big hands, i would say logitech, cuz the razor is a little small

Differences are HUGE dont know what your talking about.

The Plasma is just a sekshier razer.

And for people that dont game that much, saying this mouse is the best is not approperiate, it's like someone who just checks email saying he likes his x800XT better than his 6800U.

How important is a mouse mat? As right now, I have a wooden table, which my current (5 year old) mouse works on. I have a mouse mat by me, will this be good enough?

Edit: what sort of mouse mat? as in the surface colour and texture.

Trifid said:
How important is a mouse mat? As right now, I have a wooden table, which my current (5 year old) mouse works on. I have a mouse mat by me, will this be good enough?

Edit: what sort of mouse mat? as in the surface colour and texture.

Difference is night and day, I prefer the steelpad series

So what makes a good mouse pad? And how is it made better? The mouse is overlooked badly.

(Thanks Chris for the extended help :p)

From what I can see, is a matt black (dark) surface is good.

How big of a difference will I see, compared to my generic 5 year old one, to the razer, w/o a mouse pad. And the Razer with a mouse pad? As right now, I can only afford the mouse (just) and in a month(ish) time get a mouse pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom