System super unstable, i just dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD inside all

Baseband Member
Hi, i would like to know what you would set everything to in bios for the clocking it doesnt have to be over clocked but just what it would be set to.

i have a,
processor: athlon xp 2600+ (socket a, barton core, 333mhz fsb)
motherboard: biostar m7ncg 400 (multiplyer 5-12.5)
ram: pqi power series ram (2x 512)

i have the fsb set to 150 the multiplyer at 12
the cpu interface is optimal but can be set to agressive
my ram is clocked at auto
the timeings are
t (ras) 7
t (rcd) 3
t (rp) 3
cas latency 2.5

and with those settings my system just keeps crashing under strain or not under any load.

i dont know if it could be my motherboard itself is defected because thats eazy to replace but i just cant zero in on the probleim.

i dont know what other information would be important but if you need anything else just tell me and ill post it.

thank you

Run memtest first to rule out your RAM as the culprit, however I'm more convinced this is a PSU problem. You need to run prime95 under load and record how your rails are looking, if they're fluctuating like mad, or under/overpowered by 5%, you should be looking at replacing it.

I would also like to know what the rails current is rated.

Make sure the AGP/PCI bus is locked ;)

On those boards everyone generally forgets about that

You probolly cant lock AGP & PCI due to having a crappy motherboard, but it would be somewhere in your BIOS

so far no ram probleims i got up to 156% and it crashed but im trying to figure out how to use prime95 i can benchmark but i really dont know what that means whats bad and whats good timeing and best tiems and whatnot i went to the website and i still cant figure it out. are thier any tips or can someone break it down into terms i could understand

thanks

If you can't 'lock' the PCI/AGP, see if it allows you to set the speed of them. The PCI should be at 33, and the AGP at 66, your ram should be at 166 (without any OCing).

Yeah that's what i meant, I doubt he will see the word 'lock' in his BIOS, so thats while I posted those Hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom