The Whole Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapishorrid

Baseband Member
Ok, so after some time of asking on this forum and looking a bunch of stuff up...I've come up with my complete system overhaul.

Here's the specs:

Mobo- MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
Click Here

Graphics Card- eVGA 6600gt
Click Here

Processor- Athlon 64 3200+ Venice
Click Here

RAM- Corsair Value Select 1gb (x2 512mb)
Click Here

PSU- Antec SmartPower 2.0 400w
Click Here

That's it. Any suggestions, or stuff you think I should change, tell me! The whole computer will probably be made around Christmas time (gradually, from now to then), so things might change because of price drops. (e.g. 6600gt, could go to 6800gt because of the 7xxx series causing price drops).

I got no problems with it, all looks good.

If you are not getting it all straight away, get the CPU and GPU last (with the GPU the last thing you get.) As they are the main things that can be upgraded/will go most down in price.

Are you overclocking?

nice. my startegy for buying parts (what im doing now) is buy everything i want in the new rig but can use now first and stick it in my current pc and then lastly get all the parts i cant use. that way i got something to keep me occupied in the meantime but also get closer to the computer, still a long way off i might add :(

Prices will probably drop by Christmas. I doubt that the 6800Gt will be as low as 170-200 dollars, but I'm pretty sure the x800Xl will reach that price range soon. Good choices and stable system. Just make sure you pick up a Hard drive and Cd burner on Black thursday. They always sell them cheap on that day.

I would get the DFI lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D mobo. I would switch the RAM to twinMOS, and i would prolly up the PSU a bit in case u do upgrade to a 6800 GT

Doesn't look like he'll oc though. And if he does, he can always bump the ram divider on the MSI and be happy with increased performance.

Btw, if your considering the DFI Lan party, Monarch has them for 112 dollars free shipping. Can't beat that.

I am not sure if I will overclock. I don't know much, or really anything about how to or what it will do...

As for order of parts buying, I will be getting the RAM first (it can go in my current PC). The mother board second (I need it for the Graphics Card and Proccessor). Then the proccessor and graphics card.

You guys think that the X800xl will reach that price range (around $200) soon? Keep in mind it's currently $300. If so, how would that card compare to a 6800gt?

As for a harddrive and stuff, already have all that. Have a dvd player/burner and cdrw drive. Got a nifty system remote too. ;)

The X800xl is not very good, as it doesn't have pixel shader 3 support, which will be needed for the next gen games to run in Direct x 9. I would stay with Nvidia instead of the X8** series.

Ohhhh......
That explains it. Alright, I'll just have to hope for a deal and some price drops on the 6800gt! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom