Odd Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I just replaced my Throughbred 2200+, with a Barton 2500+ that i was given. Both CPU's run at 1.8ghz, the Throughbred has a 266 bus, the Barton has a 333 bus. The Throughbred has 256k Cache, the Barton has 512k.

Sandra and Everest and both tell me the same information about the CPU.

When i do a Arithmetic benchmark in Sandra the performance is equal to a 2200+ not a 2500+ so im getting low benchmarks for some reason.

When i do a CPU Multimedia Bechmark, i get similar (but a tiny bit better) than the 2200+ it has in the Sandra database. Nowhere near the 2600+ (which is the closest comparison to the 2500+)

Any ideas???

Thanks
Wayne

Re:

Hello,

In Everest, what are the FSB and Multiplier readings for your Barton 2500+ CPU?

Could this be a sotware problem? I also tested it under Freshdiagnose's Benchmarking Tool and it was also below par. Could it be spyware? But when i upgraded to the 2500+ from my 2200+ im getting 0.01% improvements (if that). Im thinking, its something set in bios thats wrong but thats just my opinion.

Edit:

I did a Memory Bandwidth Benchmark, and my benchmark sat around the middle of the PC2700+ comparison benchmarks, but a little bit stunted from the "Athlon XP/PC2700" benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom