What's the deal with HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP suck.
you can't get more for the money from HP, they are sacrificing on a lot that they don't tell you. including quality.
I once bought a computer from Gateway (that was a mistake)
gradually the parts kept dying on us, and we kept replacing them. now all that's left from it is
the monitor
the floppy drive
an 80 wire IDE cable

I had an HP, got it back in 2000, it had windows 98 installed on it. And to this day it works just fine. I never had problems from them.

bethanybaldwin said:
And ask what?

A question you ask here.

I once asked a HP "technician" about the HP Recovery disk and he basically said there are no such things as HP Recovery disks even though I had mine sitting right in front of me. That is incredibly poor support considering the CD is manufacturered, distributed, and supplied by HP themselves. Then I asked something about my HD which he automatically responds if I want to replace it for $399.99 CAD plus shippping (for a 20gb notebook HD). I laughed so hard then after awhile it is obvious that he didn't know anything he offered me alternative contacts which he mixed up the numbers. You know what numbers he gave me...Futureshop (where I use to work)...and this other number. I called the other number and asked about my laptop and the company basically said they don't support my model anymore. I told them a HP technician have me the number and the company basically said HP is a bunch of idiots because they had informed them they did not support that model like two years ago and that they kept on getting calls still about it. We laughed about it. It was classic.

:-\

I've never had such problems with there tech support when i called i got someone who could speak perfect english and gave the right answer when my integrated video card ****ed up.

charles_scott said:
:-\

I've never had such problems with there tech support when i called i got someone who could speak perfect english and gave the right answer when my integrated video card ****ed up.

When your problem is included in their "list" that they read off they have a solution. But if you expand more than that normally they are clueless. Of course this also ranges with each tech support person. But the accounts of dumb support from HP is overwhelming. I have a friend whose friend bought an HP and after months of disastrous support basically threw his HP PC in the trash and bought an IBM.

HP PCs are not bad they are realiable but their bad support is infamous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom