SLI Vid Card to pick??

Status
Not open for further replies.
it depends on how much money you have.
if you have a crapload of money, go for the 7800 GTX's
if you have a lot, but not so much for the 7800's, the 6800 GT's are a good choice.

however I would recommend against the 6600 GT's for SLI. they perform roughly the same as a single 6800 GT, so you may as well just get the 6800 GT

If you have the money for two 6600GTs, get a single 6800GT. If you have the money for two 6800GTs, get a 7800GTX. If you have the money for two 7800GTXs, you have too much money.

I am not a fan of SLI or any other doubling up method, I see no point as SLI has incompatibility issues, dumps a lot more heat into your system, and doesn't offer the performance that the price costs. You'll also have to find yourself an SLI compliant PSU.

This is my first SLI rig and by everything I have seen, it has performed well. No hickups on ANY games, no problems with compatability with my older games. I am unsure of what boosts it will provide in a 64 Bit OS. I may play around with the settings once I get liquid inside.

With the 6800 GToc's that I have the temps seem to run around 42 on one and 45 on the other. These cards have been a sound decision and I am glad I spent the money.

I imagine that you will begin seeing performance charts, as you may already, comparing one card with 2 of the same on different evaluator scales.

Is anyone out there running a SLI setup on a 64 Bit OS? I hear there are some big Compatability issues with these OS's. But hey, it is a new step, so it is to be expected. Keep an eye open.

just my oppinion
bfg cost way too much for what you get. wow 20mhz on mem and core for an extra $70 don't see the point. just a gimmick

Just my opinion. Don't get SLI, as benchmarks show that the single card sollutions are better than the multi-card solutions. For $150, get the 6600GT, for $250, get the X800XL, and for $350, get the 6800GT.

Also, engraver, sli 6800Gt is overkill for Diablo II, and the two BF games.

I have had other cards, the main thing that I have appreciated about the BFG is they have already tuned it for OC'ing at least to some degree.

Valid point you have though, was pricy. I can't really say who I like the best, It is between MSI and eVGA I suppose.

Also, I am trying to get my ram up to 667Mhz from 533. It was sold as dual channel ranging from 533-720. I just don't want to Screw it up doing so. I could not find the ram running at 667, everywhere I went, they were either discontinued, or sold out and unsure when the next shipment would be in. It is Patriot brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom