What is a good mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest a MX510 or MX500. Why the MX518 isnt so highly liked is because fast switching between the dpi settings is pointless during games. Usually you find one sensitivity and stay with it so its really quite pointless.

I have heard that the Razer DBacks are very good but that they take a little getting used to. Also, the Intellimouse line is quite good too if your looking for a cheaper alternative.

MX-518 is no comparasion to the 500 or 510, I also own a 500 and have owned intellimice. Yes the diamondback takes a while to get used to, and my wrist rubs too much with it for me.

In no way are intelimouse a cheaper alternative, alot of the SK people still use intelimice and they are world champions.

Def liked the layout of my intelimouse more

I did not mean cheaper in the sense that it was lesser quality but that the price point is cheaper. I cannot argue with you and say no it is a bad mouse because I've had one and quite a few of my friends have them too and I like them.

Note: If your a lefty the majority of Logitechs line are not shaped for lefties so be careful.

I have a black Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse that I got for $4.99 at Best Buy... on sale of course but didnt have any rebates. Not a single complaint yet. Light weight, smooth. Great mouse.

dbernie41 said:
I have a black Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse that I got for $4.99 at Best Buy... on sale of course but didnt have any rebates. Not a single complaint yet. Light weight, smooth. Great mouse.

Are you a gamer?

regnak said:
Why the MX518 isnt so highly liked is because fast switching between the dpi settings is pointless during games. [/B]

This is wrong. The MX-518 is not meant for casual gamers but hardcore gamers especially FPS players. Being able to switch dpi on the fly gives a player a great advantage. For example, being able to switch dpi for sniping and running. That is why the Razer Diamondback was every gamer's favorite mouse and tremendously endorsed during game tournaments. Logitech basically came out with the MX-518 to combat the Razer Diamondback which also has on the fly dpi switch.

If you're a casual gamer you don't need to dish out the extra $$$ for a gaming mouse like the MX-518 or Razer Diamondback.

The most critically acclaimed "everyday" mouse if the MX-1000. The most critcally acclaimed gaming mouse is the MX-518 although many people like Razer Diamondback better (especially left handers). Ergonomically since I'm a right hander I like the MX-518 better...the buttons for the Razer are just weird. But the drivers for Razer Diamondback are still better (more stable) than Logitech's. You can't go wrong with either mice if you're a serious gamer.

Otherwise, unless if you want wireless (get MX-1000)...just get a MX-500 or MX-510 or Razer's Viper.

Also, DJ-Chris the reason why the Diamondback is more heavily endorsed by gaming competitions is because that was one of Razer's marketing strategies. They did something REAL smart and that was target gamers and that is why they have associations with cyber leagues.

Yes they do endorse alot of gaming competitions, as well as logitech now.

However by choice alot of people like it, if you can fit your hand on it comfortably you will love it. And it's a must have for lefty's. Personally I like the feel of the MX-5XX slighly better.

And i think your adjusting sensitivity on the fly, not DPI. Anyways, I can adjust sensitivity on the fly in any mouse.

DJ-CHRIS said:

And i think your adjusting sensitivity on the fly, not DPI. Anyways, I can adjust sensitivity on the fly in any mouse.

DPI is sensivity. Basically it is how much a mouse can read and DPI being dots per inch but I'm sure you what DPI is. But it's essentially the same thing.

Also how can you adjust the sensitivity on the fly with any mouse. I have the MX-510 and a number of M$ mice and none of them can do that. Another advantage of MX-518 and Razer Diamondback is that they can go all the way up to 1600 dpi. At 1600 dpi with one slight movement of the mouse it basically half a rotation in a FPS game.

You create a binding for two keys to change the ingame sensitivity.

Also I think with the diamondback the DPI stays the same all the time, because you can change sensitivity without changing DPI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom