Tiger + Appleworks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMaster64

Baseband Member
I am a big user of AppleWorks 6 and I have noticed that after I upgraded to Tiger it had started to act very strange and very slow. Right after I upgraded I got an additional 256 MB of memory to have 512 MB and it did increase performance on almost everything but AppleWorks. The program will stop and show the old spinning pinwheel like from OS 9 and then the OS X style pinwheel. I need AppleWorks so PLEASE HELP!

Hmm...I'm not sure how to address the problem directly, but in case you need an alternative for the time being until someone else here can help you figure out what's wrong, try the free NeoOffice, which is essentially OpenOffice ported, optimized, and such for OS X.

if it comes down to it you can get office 2004 for mac here

*EDIT* i can understand if you cant buy it to me i would have thought tiger had a upgrade version to appleworks.

Dark_Sniper* said:
*EDIT* i can understand if you cant buy it to me i would have thought tiger had a upgrade version to appleworks.

You think so? I would have thought they're phasing it out...

I mean, it hasn't been updated for ages, and it's being slowly replaced by iWork. As soon as it gets spreadsheet software I suppose (rumours are out there, since Apple recently trademarked the name "Numbers")...

Qiranworms said:
You think so? I would have thought they're phasing it out...

I mean, it hasn't been updated for ages, and it's being slowly replaced by iWork. As soon as it gets spreadsheet software I suppose (rumours are out there, since Apple recently trademarked the name "Numbers")...

I hope they phase it out. I got AppleWorks with my iMac back in 2001, and I've only used it twice, and that was JUST for the spreadsheet capability. The main reason I don't like AppleWorks is because it is exactly the same thing as ClarisWorks... When I go use my old Macs that had the ClarisPro Suite, everything works the same. So hopefully with Keynote, and iWork, and (iNumbers?) etc... Apple will have some sort of upper hand on Microsoft's Office Suite.

mac_mogul said:
So hopefully with Keynote, and iWork, and (iNumbers?) etc... Apple will have some sort of upper hand on Microsoft's Office Suite.

iWork is the name of the suite. Keynote is PART of iWork. iWork currently consists of just Keynote, and Pages. Numbers perhaps in the future.

Dark Sniper's link dosen't work but if you can get that working that would be great, but take it off of the post because you will get in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom