upgrading my pc: any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to stick with the 6600 GT. I have a Raidmax ATX 12 volt power psu. Is that enough?

which processor should I go with? I want a 64 bit AMD although I'm not sure which one.

thanks.

How many watts on the PSU?

It depends on how much performance you will really need. If you're on a bit of a budget, a 3200+ Venice will do you fine. They're around $190. If you're willing to spend more, you can look into getting a 3500+, but you can always overclock the 3200+ to 3500+ speeds easily. The only trouble there is you may have trouble doing this with the stock cooler.

the psu has 420 watts.

I noticed that there are different types of 6600 GT cards, such as msi etc.

which one is the best for a good price?

thanks.

On your PSU, how many Amps are on the 12v rail, it should say on the sticker. would look something like : +12V@##A, the ## being the number i need...

For the 6600gt, I would recommend the eVGA brand.

And the 3200+ Venice is your best choice for the price.

Will the psu that I have be enough for the parts I am choosing?

Which do you recommend: pci express mobo, or agp mobo?

thanks.

Obviously PCI-express is newer and perhaps of higher performance. If you want your new motherboard to serve you use in the future, you want PCI-E.

As for your PSU, it will depend on your GPU. For a 6800 GT and up, you usually want more than 520w as a safe mark.

Remember, never skimp out on your PSU. You could buy the most expensive part for everything else. If you get a garbage PSU, you'll be buying those expensive parts again.

I plan on getting a 6600 GT GPU. How many watts do you think I need for this, and which brand?

I saw Ultra's X-connect power supply, and it looked nice. Is it any good?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom