Partition Commander and Partition Magic problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
I used partition commander (V8) to partiton the hard drive (40 GB) of my Dell Laptop Latitude D600, to 3 types:

NTFS(primary) and Extended primary (with many logical ) some of them for Linux, and Solaris(primary).

I installed 3 OSs successfully (Windows 2000 server, FC3, Solaris 10), without any problem.

But When I tried to use the partition commander utility later (boot from DOS)to verify (under Tools->Validate) the NTFS partition, it hung up and it did not go through.
By the way when I installed only windows (before I installed the other two), I have got no problem.

The same problem happened with partition commander before also (i.e. this is not the first time).

And I had expierenced similar problem (not same) with Partition Magic (it told there is error in the partition do you want to fix it? some thing like this) also.

I realized (but not sue), whenever I installed more than one OSs on the same Hard Disk, then later on if I want to check the hard disk with the same utility that I used to partition that hard disk, I expeirenced the problem.

Have any one had same problem ?

I've done the same thing with Vectorlinux and I've had no problems. It could be the fact that its "Microsoft DOS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom