AGP 4x vs AGP 8x benchmark results

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
their virtually the same! I'd like to see some 6800GT AGP 4X results, that should be even more interesting.

Everyone, hurry, we have to switch to PCI-E RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! We have to have that extra bandwith, PCI-E is the FUTURE!!!!!!

(In case you can't tell, I'm being EXTREMELY sarcastic. This is directed towards those that insist on getting PCI-E because it is the new technology.)

PizzatheHut06 said:
Everyone, hurry, we have to switch to PCI-E RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! We have to have that extra bandwith, PCI-E is the FUTURE!!!!!!

(In case you can't tell, I'm being EXTREMELY sarcastic. This is directed towards those that insist on getting PCI-E because it is the new technology.)

PCI-E is cheaper and allows SLI, that's why were using it

Well, compare 6800GT agp to 6800Gt PCI-E. How about 6600GT Agp to 6600Gt Pci-E? Which one is cheaper?

Hacp said:
Well, compare 6800GT agp to 6800Gt PCI-E. How about 6600GT Agp to 6600Gt Pci-E? Which one is cheaper?

I cannot compare 6800GT because I dont own one, and their is no motherboard or set of motherboard's that would be 100% equal for the test.

6600GT PCI-E is cheaper to manafactuer.

PCI-E is cheaper to manafactuer than AGP for graphics cards. The reason why the AGP 6800GT's are cheaper is because the 6800GT is a native AGP card.

The reason however for a native PCI-E card being more expensive than it's AGP convert, is because supply and demand. 6600GT"s are mainly used for people upgrading, or building mid end PC's which usually feature AGP slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom