Best Mobo for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapishorrid

Baseband Member
I am upgrading my system and I am wondering, what is the best mobo for....

- 939 socket
- PCI Express
- SLI (doesn't have to be, but for future purposes I guess it's good)

I don't want to have to win the lottery to afford it either... (<$180)

I've looked at stuff like the DFI Lanparty series and MSI k8n neo4 plat.

They ^^ are both the same price, so which would be better? My compy will be for gaming (mostly) and I am sort of a n00b at building computers. Not sure if I'll be overclocking, but I guess it'd be good to have that ability.

Suggestions, and advice needed.;)

I would go with this: ABIT AN8 Fatality, its over 180, but is an awesome board, no SLI though.

If you really want SLI, go with this: ABIT AN8 SLI, thats a good choice.

People here are going to recommend DFI over and over again, and I just plain don't like them. So either way I'm sure you'll be happy, but this is my recommendation...

EDIT:: If your talking between the two motherboards you listed, go with the MSI.

I might as well get the advising DFI out of the way....

I have had a bad experience with the Abit AV8, it can't overclock with out being stable, the cheapest of boards overclocks better.

So, if you got the money for the DFI, there isn't any better motherboard, extremely stable, and is the top overclocker, all WR are done on them.

I really wish I waited 2 months for the DFI PCI express boards to come out.

Thanks for the advice.
I had been looking at the ABit AN8 Fatal1ty for a while, but realized I could get a board around the same level as that for under that price. I just really don't want to spend that much on my mobo. MSI over DFI? I was sort of leaning that way myself, the review/comparison on Tom's Hardware had MSI come out on top...see what everyone else says.

EDIT: You all beat me to it... ;)

Please don't do one word posts...they don't help me at all. I need strength/weaknessess not "DFI" or "DFI ttly pwns maj nub 4ss"....yea, so why do you all say DFI is better than the MSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom