New RAM - cant boot PC - urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vullcan

Solid State Member
Alright, first problem is you have an Asus board, but we can get around that ;).

Have you tried the RAM sitcks by themselves yet? That will make sure they are okay, I would do that first since you bought them on ebay.

After that, make SURE you have them in the correct ports for dual channel. It could be DIMM's 1 and 2, it could be 1 and 3, depends on the board.

sounds like there a bad batch.have you tried booting with just the new ram.I know u said every combo but just checking.

Thats what i meant by trying every combination. I think ive tried each stick in all 4 slots, 2 at once, all 4. and 2-4 in various combinations.
Whenever either of the new sticks are plugged in, my monitor doesnt switch on when i switch the pc on.

Then I think you were sold faulty ram. Thats the problem with Ebay. I would look into returning it ASAP.

Its a possibilty, but my experience with ebay as been perect, due to my caution. Check his feedback, its awefully. Ive spoke with him too. He seems professional, and i believe him when he says the RAM was tested before being shipped.
Id hate to waste so much to ship back across the ocean to my my motherboard or other reason.
I need to make sure the best i can before i go returning them.

Asus a8v is very pickey about what ram it will post with and the order the sticks are in. Try slot black 1 and blue 2

Really? The A8V I bought to test my Corsair worked perfectly with it, why the Abit AV8 didn't like them...

the board probably labeled the slots "DIMM1" or whatever (or maybe it didnt)

anyways, try one stick at a time and run memtest86+ on it (google memtest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom