Polarflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's the TT model for CPUs though, and in the tests it yields the same results of any 3 barb block versus 2 barb block.

I like the idea of being able able to rotate the barbs to suit the position of the tubing, I'd still say the maze4 would be the better, and cheaper choice though.

The one I linked to is the GPU one, and it is $2 more than the Maze 4 AND beats it in performance by a few degrees.

Is it 100% copper?

It's not 100% copper, come to find out. I talked to Maxx over at XS, and he had some things to say about the PolarFlo TT's:

Orginall Posted by MaxxRacer
the Polarflo blocks are suspect at best in my opinion. they will not send their blocks for review to pH over at procooling, which is one of two good waterblock testing sites in the U.S. (soon to be three when Im done with my test rig). Now if you wont let procooling, a highly respected site, review your waterblock you know there is something up.

To make matters worse, gruntville is monetailry tied to Polarflo in several ways (the details of which I am not keen on) and gave the Polarflo a horribly biased review (in favor of the TT ) and gave temperature numbers that are such a load of horse crap that it makes me want to turn belemic and start vomiting for the next 6months. The numbers I am refering to are the ones in which the TT gets LOWER than ambient temps at idle, which is impossible. and then when the cpu is at load is 5C above idle, which is not possible, but lets give them the benefit of hte doubt. But no doubt can be had when we see them add the gpu to the cpu and the temp doesnt go up! haha... thats a good one Gruntville.

Now in all fairness the numbers they got for the TDX were also bullcarp but were SLIGHTLY more realistic.

It is of my opinion that the numbers presented by gruntville were taken out of thin air and were NOT actually tested. I most certainly have more scientific basis for this claim than they do that their numbers are even remotely real.

That answers my question about the PolarFlo, as in, I'm not going to get it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom