Word 2000 & XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondancer0

Beta member
Hello everyone,

My MS Word 2000 is no longer compatible with XP Prof. It used to be. Does anyone know if a recent automatic upgrade could have caused the issue? When I try to open Word I now receive the Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem window. In the details there is a reference to "appcomp". I've tried the repair tool and reinstalled after cleaning the system. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

Thanks for the replies.

I do have the most recent updates. I'll try to attach an image of the error.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• details.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 14
So you repaired it and you also uninstalled it then reinstalled it and get the same error message?

Yes, I tried the repair tool and uninstall and reinstall. I also performed several other recommended resolutions from a three page troubleshooting document I found on MS site. I can start Word if I "start it with the defaults" by using Start/Run and Browsing for the Windword.exe and then click on Open. Then in the Open box type a space followed by /a, so that the Open box command line looks like:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WinWord.exe" /a

According to the troubleshooting document this means the issue is due to a bad Registry Data Key or a bad Normal.dot file.) But the resoltions for correcting these did not help. I'm not sure if Word is fully usable opening it with the /a at the end of the Open command. I may try it today. Thanks again, your replies are appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom