Hows my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiwen

Baseband Member
Can cost around $2000. Not a heavy gamer, but will be playing games occasionally. Everything is in Australian Dollars. And is everything compatible? Is it better to have a dvd drive as well as a cd drive and is there any way to get ti cheaper?

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 939 $389

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 120Gb 7200 8Mb cache SATA Hard Disk $115.50

VGA: ASUS EN6600GT-TD-128 GF6600 GT/ 128MB/ TV-OUT/ DV-I/ PCI EXPRESS $305.80

Ram: Kingston-DDR 1GB Kit (2x512MB) PC3200 400MHz (KVR400X64C3AK2/1G) $298.00

Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum ATX AMD S-939 M/B PCIE, SATA, DDR400, 7.1 SOUND $229.00

Case: Thermaltake Soprano VB1400BWS Black Case (400W TT PSU) $147.50

K/M: Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700 $121.00

Monitor: LG 19" Flat T910B CRT Monitor $335.50

DVD: LG GSA-4163BBK Dual Layer 16x DVD+R/-R/RW/RAM/DL Writer BLACK $89.00

Floppy: 1.44Mb Floppy Disk Drive $16.10

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value $99.00

Total: $2146.40

Prety good but a few changes

Motherboard: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D (If Available)
RAM: Something else, either beter ram if your overclocking or cheap ram if your not.
VGA: Get a 6600GT, but unless the Asus is cheaper which it shouldnt be, get an eVGA or leadtek

CPU: If your an overclocker, a 3200+ and 3500+ will overclock the same

Nope except for a number difference of a multiplier of 10 vs 11, they are the exact same

In past cases a faster CPU would ovoerclock higher, but AMD produces mainly CPU's that all run at the same speed. Basicly AMD are too good and cant make slow CPU's

dude, where do you get those prices? those ridiculously high... you're getting ripped off... it wouldn't be worth it to pay 300 for a 6600GT even if it was canadian/australian dollars, sheesh

EDIT: hey, how many Australian Dollars are in one USD? Maybe it's just me...

don't use an Asus video card, get a Leadtek from www.msy.com.au for around $270

drop the Audigy 2, use the onboard sound of the motherboard. the MSI and DFI boards have onboard sound.

get a 3000+ Venice for $200 at msy, and you'll be able to overclock it to 2.8GHZ on stock cooling

you can get the DFI NF4 Ultra-D from www.pccasegear.com.au for $215 (aus)

and also, with the extra money, try and get G.Skill RAM with Samsund TCCD's, for $355 at pccasegear. that stuff overclocks really well.

the same hard drive is $105 at msy

also, you're going to need a good PSU. a Cooler Master Real Power 450W can be had for $99 at msy. or I'd suggest the Antec 480W for $127

monitor: go to a swap meet and get a 21" CRT second hand, they are usually very good quality and cost about the same as new 19" CRT's (good ones) but they give high resolutions and really high refresh rates

the same DVD burner is $72 at msy

for a mouse and keyboard, get an MX-500, and Logitech Elite keyboard. you won't be disappointed by them.
or if you wish to spend more, the MX-1000 laser mouse is really good. though I'd go with the MX-500, considering the MX-1000's price

speakers: Logitech makes good speakers. the Z-5500's are THE best, however for your money, the X-530's or X-620's are really good.

man, if you want a good PSU and a damn good case (some people might not like its styling) get this: http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod2324.htm

im planning on buying one myself, reviews say its "teh bomb" or similar, its heavy, being folded steel :) but i recon its worth it, the PSU is modular which is cool also the fact that its 500W dual 12V rails and that its an antec are good points too :D

argh... logitech speakers... if you are looking for affordable quality speakers, Altec lansing is the way to go. some models arent that great, just like any company has bad things as well as good. if you have a bit more to spend klipsch are the way to go. better overall quality than logitech speakers. Certainly logitech make Huge subs that crank out the bass, BUT klipsch make huge subs that crank out better sounding bass. ask yourself, would you like 1 10" sub driver, or 2 8" drivers? granted, the klipsch promedia ultra 5.1's dont have digital input, if you need it then get creative or logitech, but for me its not a problem at all. so overall, klipsch > Logitech (thats my opinion, im not having a go at apokalipse, or anyone else.)

1) I went to the site, and it says you have to be a member to see hte price list...so i applied and waiting for reply.

2) If I drop the sound card and just go with onboard will I notice a difference?

3) Will all amd939 oc to the same ghz? ANd will I need more fans or better cooling to get it "up there"?

4) The DFI mobo is a tiny bit cheaper but does it have to same things to offeror is it better? Reliabilty?

5)I lve in MElbourne as well...where are some good pc swapplaces? ANd how will I know if the monitor is reliable? Go for brand name?

6) On the net, I could only find the mx 500 mouse, i don't think there is an mx 500 keyboard :/

7) As for speakers, i'll get the same ones as I already have i think...2.1 good enough for me,logitech btw

8) I like the soprano one...its very sylish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom