Game Running Problem.. Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

battlereaper

Beta member
When ever I start playing a online game (ex: Counter Strike, Half Life 2 Deathmatch, GunZ, Knights Online) My computer just restarts... Its like I have a great computer... My friend built it for me with some of the best parts... 150 gig C drive and 100 gig D drive.. Please any idea's to solve this?

the hard drive size isnt the only thing that would be taken into consideration......you need to make sure your computer has all of the other system requirements such as the video card and the memory.....
Posting your other system specs might help people help you out....
also does the comp restart when you start playing those games? or when you try playing online?

Perhaps an overheating problem?

I would give a complete list of hardware that you have, so that it is easier to diagnose an overheating problem. If you are unsure about how to tell what hardware you have, follow the guide in my signature.

Also, has this always happened since you got the computer? Or, has this been something that has started recently, and the games were fine before?

Is it just online games? Or, is it any game? If it is just online games, then I doubt that it is an overheating problem.

I only started playing online games a few weeks ago and got the computer in march. This is for any game that I play. I start playing for maybe 10 minutes and then it just restarts.. when I close every program it might live for maybe 10 mins.. if i run the game with lets say aim and a internet exlporer page on then it will shut down in 2 minutes.

Doesn't matter when you got it. If it lacks the fans, heat sinks, and cooling it needs this will happen regardless of how new it is.

it very well may be a heat issue....check to see that all the fans are working properly.....if your BIOS has a temp sensor thing then use that to see if the temp climbs continuously just idling....if not find some other temp program....such as SpeedFan this was recommened to me not long ago and it is free and works quickly and easily.

The fact that it restarts instead of just shutting down makes me careful to say that it IS a heat problem....when my fans on my comp stopped working and the comp overheated, it would shut down.....but it may be computer specific as to what the comp does when it overheats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom