Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
don't get the Geforce 6200 if you want a cheap gaming card. it is.... not very good

I built my friend a machine with that card, and XFX one too. She isnt a huge gamer, but she enjoys the occasional Doom and other games, and this card performs really well. It's got the 128MB GDDR3 on it, you really cant go wrong there. I guess for a moderate gamer, this card is alright, but dont even consder it if you really want to game. Especially considering the 6600GT is only like $20 more. If you are in the market for a GFX card and are thinkng the 6200, just save the extra 20 or so dollars and get the 6600.

Him said:
As for a list of PSU's to not get, jeez, there are a ton. Dont get Sparkle Power ANYTHING! Dont ever buy from a company that names their company after a dance group in a movie.

Sparkle Power in Donnie Darko, his little sisters dance group.

Actually the name of the group is "Sparkle Motion." Close though :).

Dammit, you're right. oh well, I was close, thats all that matters. ;)

beedubaya said:
Lets stop with the ATI vs. Nvidia. This isn't a thread about that, plus it has been hammered and hammered in other threads. Plus, all it takes is one flaming fanboy to come in here and I will have to close the thread.

AMEN

Him said:
I built my friend a machine with that card, and XFX one too. She isnt a huge gamer, but she enjoys the occasional Doom and other games, and this card performs really well. It's got the 128MB GDDR3 on it, you really cant go wrong there. I guess for a moderate gamer, this card is alright, but dont even consder it if you really want to game. Especially considering the 6600GT is only like $20 more. If you are in the market for a GFX card and are thinkng the 6200, just save the extra 20 or so dollars and get the 6600.
I thought it had "TurboCache" which replaced VRAM
I might be wrong

Not all of them have turbocache, some do and some dont. You can get one with or without. If you get a 6600GT with Turbocache, for example, you save like a lot of money... But sacrifice any possible gain you would get from a video card.

on that note, do not ever get a video card labeled as "Turbocache"... It sucks. It takes your physical RAM, and uses that for video RAM. In short, it sucks and will cause your computer to run very shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom