video card memory issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwiiiiin

Solid State Member
a friend has jus recently given me a geforce4 mx440 128mb card. ive installed it .. but when i open up the 'dxdiag' program and click on the display tab .. it says the total memory is only 3mb. is this a problem with the settings? drivers? or has the video card gone bad?

gives me problems when starting up games

thanks!

reinstalling the drivers was the first thing i tried.. and that was exactly the problem! thanks a lot for the suggestion!

How is the 3d peformance on this card? DXDIAG could be completly wrong

EDIT: Also try setting your screen to 1600 X 1200, with 3 meg of memory you cannot run at that resulution. If it try's to run at that resulution and fails, keep the PC on for 30 seconds till it resets the resulution automaticly.

drivers did it

after installing the driver.. dxdiag displayed 128mb of memory. ive read a lot of reviews about this card.. theyre not that good. the last game i tried running on the maching was world of warcraft. the cinematics were slow.. and i couldnt even get to play. never loaded

run WoW on the lowest settings. i'm surprised that it doesn't run on that MX440, the graphics aren't all that demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom