Might Build A New Computer, Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've been sold on the DFI board, it looks amazing, but I s'pose for $190, you get what you pay for.

Hacp said:
Another thing I'm worried about is the ram you are planning on getting. That ram will not work well if your plannig on overclocking with the DFI-Lan party series. It used to be winbond BH5 ram, but now it isn't. The cheapest BH5 ram is the OCZ value ram that costs 105 dolalrs on Newegg, or the TWINMOS speed premium, which costs 96 dollars on Newegg.

I've never OC-ed before, but I'd like to get into that this time around. I was going to try OC-ing my setup now, but I have that shitty Gigabyte board, did some searching, and I can probably OC only about 5%. Plus my parts probably aren't up to the challenge, but since they're 3 years old, I'm sure I could replace them for practically pennies. I recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows, that cleaned things up a lot, so it seems to run faster, but I'd still like some new stuff.

DJ-CHRIS said:
That ram is great, expisally paired with a DFI board, this ram likes ALOT of voltage and can get nice speeds. Be warned, it gets hot at high speeds and a fan is good to cool it.

Chris, do you have LP nF4 SLI-DR? When'd you get your TwinMOS too?

Was looking around on Newegg again, saw a cheap case that got some alright reviews - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811117029

What do you guys think? Also, I was looking at the Leadtek 6800GT and it looks like the only motherboard that will fit 2 for SLI is the Asus A8N boards, so that kind of sets off a red flag in my mind 'cause I'm spending the extra money for the SLI board but 6600GTs in SLI sounded like a bad idea to everyone, but now if I wanted to get another 6800GT later, the Leadtek ones don't look so promising. Guess I'm a little stumped, *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom