What the crap is causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
Did you overclock the video card at all?

I did briefly, but saw no performance increase so I clocked it back to stock speeds. I've been gaming on it for a couple weeks back at stock speeds, with no problems. This whole thing just randomly occured today when I turned my comp on. If I did burn out the video overclocking, I thought I would have seen it before the two week period of gaming. I'm also confused as to why it would have burned out while being clocked at normal speeds.

Just now I uninstalled the 6800GT and it's drivers, and the comp is completely normal. However as soon as I install the drivers, it gets all messed up again. It sounds like the hardware is conflicting with the drivers, but I don't know why this would be occuring now, after a couple months of no problems at all. I'm completely confused.

:::EDIT::: I've tried the 66.93, 71.89, and 77.72 drivers, and all three do the same thing. The computer is fine until I install them, and then gets screwed like crazy after the installation restart.

But everything was fine with the 77.72 before, right? You just started having these problems recently, but it has worked before, correct?

Did you change anything in the bios? PCI-E latency?

Calzinger said:
But everything was fine with the 77.72 before, right? You just started having these problems recently, but it has worked before, correct?

Did you change anything in the bios? PCI-E latency?

Yes, everything was COMPLETELY fine before. In fact, I played CS:S for nearly 2 hours last night, no problems whatsoever. And for the previous 2 months I have had no problems also. I turned the comp on this afternoon, and this crap happened, I literally did not change anything at all.

I guess what confuses me the most is that the card works fine before the drivers are installed, but once they are it looks like crap.

IT'S FIXED!!!! I don't know what happened, but I did what you suggested and it worked. I re-installed the drivers from the CD, then the 77.72 drivers, and all is well again. Man I REALLY appreciate all your help, you have no idea how frustrated I was, haha. Anyway, thanks again.

PizzatheHut06 said:
IT'S FIXED!!!! I don't know what happened, but I did what you suggested and it worked. I re-installed the drivers from the CD, then the 77.72 drivers, and all is well again. Man I REALLY appreciate all your help, you have no idea how frustrated I was, haha. Anyway, thanks again.

Hmphf, and I was doubting this whole time that that would even have the slightest chance of helping. Ah well, whatever works.

Happy gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom