some quick questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
Hey guys.. just some quick questions...

1) Just got a new PSU coz my old one died all of a sudden.. what ya'll think of this:
http://www.task.com.tw/ps-atx-dual.htm
i have the 450w model.

2) My Task 450w (PSU has 2 power lines with 4 molex connectors on each line.. I have a total of 9 devices that needs power.. I have lots of MOLEX SPLITTERS around here that i'd like to use...

Therefore my question is, is it ok for me to use just ONE LINE and split it using the molex connectors?

I wana do this to keep things tidy.. just one line exposed..

3) Are styrofoams electrostatic? I mean is it bad for PCs? I placed my computer, modem, router, etc etc on top of a rather rough styrfoam. just to keep it off the ground.. is this ok?

juz wondering..

About the PSU, it looks alright, 24A's on 12v is alright and should suit your needs okay. Not sure about the styrofoam.

About the PSU, it looks alright, 24A's on 12v is alright and should suit your needs okay.

thanks.. oh but ya know? a friend of mine doesnt believe the ratings.. he said this psu is rated too high for its price... but task is a good and RELIABLE brand right? is there a way to test that im really getting 24a's on the 12v rail, and that it has a PEAK LOAD of a whopping 520w? my friend says it's bullcrap.

I doubt it has a peak load of 520, probably about 500 if I had to make an estimate. But if you're spending under 70 bucks on a PSU that tends to happen.

Honestly, I've never heard of Task. But their specs arn't anything different then a PSU someone may buy from NewEgg.

Use a multimeter to measure the Amps comming out, but quite honestly I doubt they're wrong.

Use a multimeter to measure the Amps comming out, but quite honestly I doubt they're wrong.

yes pelase.. how do i then test it for amps? I have a multi tester..

is this right?

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Most of them can measure either Volts or Current, just have to find the right setting thats all.

clever_j said:
yes pelase.. how do i then test it for amps? I have a multi tester..

is this right?

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

The one it's pointed at it is alternating current voltage. I think the one you're looking for is the one labeled DCA, or down on the bottom right, 10 A. That's just my guess though..

Most of them can measure either Volts or Current, just have to find the right setting thats all.

thats what i wanted to know.. :( i see a 10A thing.. A stands for ampheres right? how do i test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom