I Forgot My XP Password, Afraid To Turn Off Computer! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcfunds

Beta member
Hi Teck World,

My name is Richie, and in I my house more than one person uses my computer. So we just bought a new one. So I decided to change to password so no one can use my computer again! But there's just one little small problem, I forgot to write down the password. And my brain can't seem to help me out. I am affraid to turn off my computer because I'll be locked out of it for good. I tried to created another user with a new password so I can delete the the orginal Administrator account, but it won't let me. Can I just reinstall XP Pro? Would this give me a clean slate sorta speak? Do anyone know how to delete my old Administrator password and get a new one? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :(

easiest way is since you already made another admin account you must log off your account and log into the new admin account you made. from their you can delete this account. you cannot delete an account currently being used.

double check the new account you made has admin privledge

yes very good advice. from your stand point make a new account the highest rank then go into that. Log of the account with the forgotten pass. and if it wont let u delete it just let it sit there. and have two accounts

Yep. Just make a new Admin Account, Log off the current one and sign in to the new one. Then goto the Control Panel and delete the old account (The one you lost the password to)

Yes! Yes! Yes! It Worked! Thanks!

Thank You very much for your speedy help. I did it, it worked! I added another account and then deleted the old one. Thanks again. But I didn't want to have two accounts one of which I couldn't log out of for fear of lossing all my program passwords and settings.

I love this forum. Thanks again!
mrcfunds

Slam'n Systems said:
Yep. Just make a new Admin Account, Log off the current one and sign in to the new one. Then goto the Control Panel and delete the old account (The one you lost the password to)

I agree..

Also windows XP allows you to create a Floppy that will wipe the password to a certain account

I think the setup for that disk was linked to the USer control panel.

if you use that floppy the account in question will no longer be password protected and you will be able to crete a new password

By the way... Don't forget to write your new password down ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom