DFI LanParty Power Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Alright, new build is coming along great. Except Problem #1, for some reason I always run into problems but this time it wasn't my fault.

Picked up the DFI LanParty Ultra-D nF4 board 939 and a Aspire 500watt psu. 12v, now the psu has a 20pin my board has a 24 pin.... Uhhh didn't know this until; I got home from the 3 hour away store. And the tard working there told me it would work... Help... Although one way my connector off the psu. Does fit in. And I can power on, I have the 4 pin plugged into alogn with the pin that connects to like HD's and CDROMS theres a port on my board forgot the name, but yes I have that plugged in too...

Help would be appreciated do I need a 24 or am I ok how I am now?

please dont create 2 threads about the same thing. check ur other one for the answers

you need both of em plugged in, your system wont do anything like detect cpu or nothin til u get 24 pin psu

your system wont do anything like detect cpu or nothin til u get 24 pin psu
Not true....but yeah I already answered his question in his OTHER thread he created.

mines wouldn't find cpu, the diagnostic said it couldn't find it until i had put in all the mobo power connectors :eek:(

All it really requires unless you're running SLI'd config is a 20pin PSU, the 4pin box connector and the 4pin molex connector....the Floppy connector near PCI-E slots is mainly for running SLI and other than that a 20pin PSU can power it fine....I've got a friend of mine here in town that has a 20pin in his right now

4 Pin Box connector is responsible for supplying the power to your processor. Heh, here is a nice "personal" (as much as the Collective can be personal) anectode:

We modded our case to start on a key, like a car (actually salvaged from an old telephone) for some extra Coolness. We went for a LAN party and tried to "ignite" our comp. It return it just rumbled just for a moment and turned off, like a car engine that won't start. So we atempted again few times, still nothing. And just when we were to give up, we noticed a 4 Pin Box cable hanging inside the case. Huh? We hooked it up and turned a key into Start position. It worked! It was a laugh of the evening, especially since it happened during the winter... seems we forgot to pour up some Antifreeze :D...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom