overclocking card w/o temp monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse the Body

Baseband Member
so i got a 9600xt aiw without a temp monitor.i just thru on a vga silencer with massive heatsink and am currently overclocking slowly.my question is about artifacts testing with 3dmark and atitool.if artfacts show on these tests and i underclock it in time will my card still be ok.(i know there is always some risk).

Those software won't let you burn your card. I've oc my x300se to over 500MHz more than once and my card still runs fine. It just resets your card.

I don't really understand the question. If what you are asking is should you have a temp monitor? Then yes, always have one especially for overclocking, even a little bit. If you start to see tearing and artifacts in the gameplay or whatever you are doing, you will want to turn down the overclocking at that point.

sorry if it was unclear.what i was saying is my video card doesnt have a way to monitor temps.but i want to overclock.so if i o/c until it starts to artifact,then turn it down 10-15mhz will it be ok. or will even slight artifacting kill it.

no artifacting won't kill it....how do you think people OC'd cards the many generations before these cards had temp monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom