6800GT Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what you get for getting eVGA. First one spontaneously combusts, and the second one dosn't work correctly. You should have got the Leadtek one.
that was a stupid ass comment....eVGA is known for high quality.....eVGA and leadtek both are considered some high quality manufacturers......theres always going to be cases of something happening with cards no matter the company and for all we know it could be end user error

I'll bet that fan on the Leadtek is hella loud. Then again, my eVGA RPMs incredibly high. It probably makes up 80% of my case noise.

I don't want to use the ol' PizzaTheHut06 as a victim here, but your Leadtek is actually having worse problems. http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?postid=451441#post451441. It's been giving him a headache and has suddenly stopped working for no some anonymous reason. So much for your godly Leadtek.

BACK TO THE ISSUE OF THE THREAD...

I would search your registry for everything with ATI in it, and then delete it. Reinstall the latest nVidia drivers. And possible reinstall your chipset drivers for your motherboard.

If after this you are still having problems, then we should work from there, but this should solve some possible problems.

I've been having some problems with my 6800gt recently aswell...

Loss of quality FPS wise on some games, such as MOHAA (medal of honor : allied assault and Battlefield2)

Im confused to what the problem is, I had a 6800 before which ran perfectly with high FPS, but it was mailfunctioning, so i sent it back to Nvidia for tests and they said there was a fault with it, so i had a replacement from where i bought it, i have the replacement card in now but im still getting some drops in FPS

Deejay01 said:
I've been having some problems with my 6800gt recently aswell...

Loss of quality FPS wise on some games, such as MOHAA (medal of honor : allied assault and Battlefield2)

Im confused to what the problem is, I had a 6800 before which ran perfectly with high FPS, but it was mailfunctioning, so i sent it back to Nvidia for tests and they said there was a fault with it, so i had a replacement from where i bought it, i have the replacement card in now but im still getting some drops in FPS

Download the latest drivers, stay away from spyware internet sites *cough* *cough* and use spybot to make you have no spyware.

GameGURU said:
Download the latest drivers, stay away from spyware internet sites *cough* *cough* and use spybot to make you have no spyware.

I agree. Often performance drops can be due to apps running in the background. Be careful though, your own anti-spyware or virus scanner could be causing this performance drop. Apparently that new PC-cillin is really resource intensive when you aren't even scanning.

003, I don't think you've helped the guy at all. Pretty much what your saying is " hey dude, go get a leadtek right now, it will fix all your problems!" which is wrong. How about you give the guy some help without bs'ing your little leadtek cooler crap. If you can't you just shouldn't post anymore.

Anyways, like Nubius said, Doom 3 is a very demanding game a 16xAA is extremly tough to run unless you have a athelon fx-57, with two 7800's sli'd. Which you don't so bring it down to 2xAA.

Also try 4xAA, I run Doom 3 with 16xAF and 4xAA @ 1280x1024 on high quality mode at 60fps most of the time, so I don't think you need to go as low as 2x.

I am going to replace the thermal pads with AS5 and see if I can hit 450/1200.
Doubt that'll happen, the 6800GTs seems to cap around 430/1150, I managed to get mine up to 434/1156, and I couldn't get it any higher without running into some problems, and this is on water.

Like I said nVidia cards don't even handle Anti-Aliasing very well so there's no way they'd handle Doom 3 at full AA. Turn off all AA and AF and try and play the game and then slowly increase them until the framerate drops to around 40 or so. AF shouldn't be much of a problem but AA will really take a bite out of framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom