What the crap is causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
Last night my comp was working completely fine, I played CS:S all night and everything. However, today I turned my computer on, and the display is screwed up. On the Settings tab, the computer won't let me go past 800x600 resolution, or go any higher than 4 bit color. The screen looks like complete crap, and I've already tried lowering the hardware acceleration and re-installing the drivers. Any other ideas?

Alright I just performed a virus scan and found nothing. I have no clue what would be causing this problem.

:::EDIT::: Ok this is strange. I can go and decrease the hardware acceleration, and then the screen appears fine. However, the only available resolution is 1024x768 with Highest (32 bit) color quality. This seems ok, but when I restart, the computer reverts back to 800x600 resolution with 4 bit coloring. The weirdest part out of all of this is that I played games all night last night fine.

Is tihs video card heavily oc'd? I would pull the card and try to set it up in another puter and see what happens to the display settings from nivdia. If the card is okay, completely uninstall the nvidia drivers: completely clean up the registry and reload the video drives. The worst case scenario and the easiest is to back up your data, reformat the hd and reinstall your os.

Ok, I reformatted and the screen looked fine when windows came up for the first time. Everything was normal. But when I installed the 71.89 drivers, the screen went back to the same old crap as before. It's like the drivers corrupted the computer or something. I don't think the video card is burned out since it looked fine before I installed the drivers. Does anyone else have anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom