DDR MHZ vs. Timings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
Is it better to get DDR600 with 3-4-4-10 timings or get DDR400 with 2-2-2-5 timings? Which combination would work better on an AMD Athlon X2?

thanx a lot! ;)

Can we have a link to them?

The DDR600 would be underclocked to 400 speeds, so there is no point in having the 600mhz ram if you are not overclocking.

If you get the DDR600, it will be guarenteed to run at those speeds. If you get G. skill ram (or similary good) than it can get at those speeds (think they got it to 800 or so mhz) and I think it was tighter timings (go to XS and do a search)

As I said, depends on the manufactorer.

Yeah. It will be automatically underclocked to that speed. It can only go as high as the CPU's bus speed (at a 1:1 ratio at the most.)

you guys, wtf, i'm just asking if the ddr600 RAM is DESIGNED to run at 600MHZ; is 600MHZ THE STOCK SPEED? I don't care what the mobo does to it.

When i got my CPU, the mobo had it underclocked to 200MHZ fsb. that doesn't mean the CPU is a 1900+, just cuz the mobo didn't know what it was supposed to run at didn't mean the CPU was designed for 200FSB, it was still a Barton 2500+, 333MHZ FSB. When I changed it to 333, i DIDN'T OVERCLOCK IT, i just "reclocked it"

you guys, wtf, i'm just asking if the ddr600 RAM is DESIGNED to run at 600MHZ; is 600MHZ THE STOCK SPEED? I don't care what the mobo does to it.
you need to calm the hell down child...no ones gonna answer a whiney little kids questions with posts like that.

RAM never runs at the speed shown in DDR..............DDR600 = 300MHz

Your whole little scenario of your CPU is different than the RAM.....You will need to lower your CPU multiplier and raise up the FSB which will raise everything else in your system.

In short....don't even attempt it with a socket A system as it's not going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom