My Build, Few questions/problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

98RedGs

Baseband Member
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail (two sets)

MSI NX6600GT-TD128E Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 HDS728080PLA380 -0A30356 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA II Hard Drive - OEM (two drives)

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester Integrated into Chip FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail

OCZ ModStream 520 Watt Power Supply (OCZ52012U)
http://www.frozencpu.com/psu-119.html

This is my build as of right now that I'm currently using. My question is what exactly (if anythign) is wrong with this build or what is it lacking in? The system itself seems to work fine 99% of the time but looking at the NVidia Ntune program it shows I'm "SUB PAR" as far as with what it says I should be running.

I've updated the video drivers, sound drivers, not the bios tho. Also I update with windowsupdate.com all the time to make sure that's not a problem and Everyday I run Spybot+adaware to make sure I don't have anything on my system I don't want there.

Anyone wanna shoot me a line in here and let me know what could be the problem or what I should tweak a little better to get it running the best it could/should be running?

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well who cares what Ntune says

How is the system during gaming and benchmarks?
During WOW it runs great, in high graphic zones clocking about 35-40fps still and just sitting around I can pull 60fps without a single problem.

Only thing is like I said like one time a day/week it will randomly HARDLOCK and it will force me to reboot. I'm doing nothing different then than normal so that's what has me wondering what exactly I have a problem with.

As far as benching it... Well... Err... I don't have a good copy of 3d05 or 3d01/3/4 so I can't really do much benching.. :(
I could try to find a copy or a trial and bench it tonite and post those results tho?

When your computer randomly locks up it is usually your PSU. It happened to me. However it does look like you have a good one.

m3trj said:
When your computer randomly locks up it is usually your PSU. It happened to me. However it does look like you have a good one.
Yah at first I was on the power supply that came with my case... Then I got to thinking ..

"Well, more than 30% of problems I've seen is lack of a good power supply or a power supply that isn't stable so let's replace the weakest link first." that's when I ordered the one I wanted and have now.

Yes but alot less actually.
It went from 2-3 times a week to about 1 a month.
But it still locks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom