Problems with: XP and the Radeon X800

Status
Not open for further replies.

evo_slayer

Beta member
I have a ATI Radeon X800 pro graphics card, and like others i have problems running my games. The game and computer freezes after 10 mins of playing. I have tried everything i could and nothing has helped.

So i went to a repair shop and they told me that the graphics card is not compatiable with Xp Sp2, but he said that if i downgraded my Xp version to service pack 1 it should work.

Is he right?
Had this worked for others?
If so how do i downgrade the system, i had sp2 on Xp when i brought the comuter, plaese help!!

The guy at the repair shop doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. SP2 doesn't make a difference at all on how that card performs. I have an X800 Pro myself, and it performs the same with SP1 or SP2 installed.

The real problem is the X800 Pro is not the best card to be made by ATI, and a total rip-off if you ask me. However, your PC shouldn't be freezing after 10 minutes of gameplay. Be sure you are using Catalyst 5.6, NOT the drivers that came on the CD. Cat 5.6 helps tremendously.

What are your other system specs? What game is this?

I play Command and conquer: Generals, Lord of the Rings: War of the ring, Rise of nations. The same thing happenes to all of them. I have a Athlon 64 3400+ processor, 512mb ram, 256mb ram x800, Home Xp Sp2, 120GB Hard Drive.

I did install the drivers on the cd, what should i do next, uninstall them then install Catalyst 5.6?

Yes, that would be your best move. The drivers on the CD are old and outdated. What brand of PC is this..is it a Dell? Also, be sure you have completely cleaned out the drivers for your Integrated graphics and have turned them off in the BIOS.

I have a carrera pc, the company went bust early this year - not a good sign. How do i clean out the drivers for the Integrated graphics and turn them off in the BIOS?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom