Is this mobo and cpu good???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you still want to go with Intel just make sure you get a good vid card,Intel are alright for gaming but every one else will cry and tell you different,The only difference that you will see is a couple FPS slower in game's.

Shumway said:
If you still want to go with Intel just make sure you get a good vid card,Intel are alright for gaming but every one else will cry and tell you different,The only difference that you will see is a couple FPS slower in game's.

More than a couple though

Shumway said:
The most you should lose is 15 or so at the most,If you have a good vid card you won't notice the difference,But i forgot leet gamer's can alway's tell right :rolleyes:

it is true, our eyes have become ultra sensitive to light, I can detect a spectrum shift light years away... lol... j/k

AMD is the way to go for gaming, its not even really all that FPS that you lose, it is obviously a better idea to get something that is cheaper and performs "slighty" for you, and lanslide for others better.

Shumway said:
The most you should lose is 15 or so at the most,If you have a good vid card you won't notice the difference,But i forgot leet gamer's can alway's tell right :rolleyes:

60 VS 75 no

45 VS 60 possibly

30 VS 45 defiantly

When your messing around with the half life 2 pysics engine alot, your getting just a handful of FPS regardless of your video card.

Shumway said:

I disagree. The processor is the source of your gaming to be honest. Most games these days are processor bound at the very basic level. If you want high quality gaming, then you want a good GPU. If you have a good GPU and a lousy CPU, then you won't be loading 64 AI bots in BF2. However, there was an article out there proving this otherwise. I still do insist that most other current games are CPU bound though.

I do think 15 fps is some important fps if that is causing you to dip below 30 or even 40. Apparently you can't see about 45, but I can garauntee you that anything below 30 is a very obvious difference. Below 20 is just horrific.

@zygomatic
I would not go with that motherboard. It is a great motherboard, but I don' t know if it will suit his needs.

I highly doubt he will be looking into SLI with that budget. He could save about $70 by getting my suggested MSI board and perhaps get a 6800 GT with that savings over a 6600 GT.

I have the same cpu and an intel D865PERL mobo......My gaming is just fime. The big difference is the fact that I also have a oc'd 6800gt 256mb VC. That's is the primary rub for you as stated above. There are alot of different opinions about gaming and intel/AMD but the major players say AMD is better for gamers so I defer to those with the experience that have run both cpu's. Since you are buying new, the 775 over the 478 makes alot of sense given the 478's are going bye-bye.

ok you guys helped me out alot, the thing is i only have $400 and i cant buy any parts online because my dad thinks hes credit card # is gonna get jacked. So im just planning to get tho's 2 parts and later on when i get a big paycheck again im gonna get a new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom