sound dies in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryOGG

In Runtime
ive been having a major, and very irritating, problem ever since i upgraded my my computer: my sound dies in games. it happens mostly in CS:S and alittle bit in Halo. sumtimes i can simply restart the game and it'll turn bac on but other times i hav to restart my whole comp to get it working again. playing music in the background seems to make it last longer and sometimes it doesn't die at all. please help me because this has been the cause for many a stupid death.

it's onboard sound on an Abit IS7-V2 mobo. i kno it's not the speakers or headset because they work fine for other games.

could happen cuz your speakers suck, happened to me too when i got my new rig, especailly in Halo (didn't have CSS)

o i never thought it could bethe speakers. im probably gonna buy a new headset instead of speakers (the force-feedback 1) pretty soon so ill see if that fixes it.

I bet its your onboard sound. disable it and get a cheap PCI sound card like a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit.

im kind of building a new comp this summer nd was planning on getting a decent sound card. mayb ill buy it now nd then swap it into the new machine wen i get the rest of the parts.
there was also a headset i saw (Seinnheiser something) that had a sound card built in. mayb instead of the other headset ill get that 1 nd keep it for this comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom