New PC, Few Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
Hey ive compiled a few questions ive been wondering.

RAM - I was planning on buying 2 x 512 Cosair RAM for my upcoming computer, but the only worth while ram i can find is XMS which is a bit more than i want to spend. I would just like to know, is the value select cosair RAM really that shocking for overclocking? And can anyone suggest any other cheaper alternatives?

Speakers - I want some new 5.1 speakers for my comp, and ive got in mind these two: Z-640 and the Z-5300e, i just want to know which one has better performance.

Mouse - The RAZOR Diamondback is supposed to be the most advanced mouse on the market, just want to know if im upgrading from a crappy desktop mouse how much improvment will i notice. I dont want to spend over $100 on a mouse if i cant even see the difference.

PSU - I had in mind the 480W Thermaltake Butterfly ATX Power Supply, anyone own one of these? Or got any better suggestions for under $150AU

5. HDD - Seagate or Western Digital. WD is cheaper and more available to me in Australia...

Thats it for now.
Awaiting some good replys.
Thanks Guys.

western digital. i use several western digital hdd's. if you're sticking with ide get a caviar se. if you want to use sata then definitely fork out for a raptor 10,000 rpm drive. as for the psu you could just get a nice thermaltake case with the psu. i don't think buying a mouse like that is worth it unless youre getting payed to play games.

3:

Even upgrading from a logitech mx500 which is a kickass mouse, a razer is a big difference. However if you have HUGE hands, a razer would not fit that well.

And WD vs Seagate, basicly whatever is cheaper, but forking out money for a 10K RPM drive is not worth it

Oh yeah, and the mouse comments are for gaming

EDIT:

Sorry i thought you meant the MX510, well i think its this because im not comfortable forking out over 100 on a mouse. So MX510 it is.

and Western Digital is probably cheaper in my are, and no im not going to pay for 10,00Rpm so i think ill just go 80GB 7200Rpm 8MB Cache Western Digital for i think maybe 100 bux.

Any more comments please.

I just got the Z-5500 and man are they amazing. But if you don't have that type of cash, I think the z-5300e is your next best option.

Yer at first i didnt notice the difference in price, thought they were about the same, but the z-5300 series is more than i want to dish out for audio, ill stick with the Z-640 which i can get for $102AU.

any more comments please.

DevilsChild said:
Hey ive compiled a few questions ive been wondering.

RAM - I was planning on buying 2 x 512 Cosair RAM for my upcoming computer, but the only worth while ram i can find is XMS which is a bit more than i want to spend. I would just like to know, is the value select cosair RAM really that shocking for overclocking? And can anyone suggest any other cheaper alternatives?

Speakers - I want some new 5.1 speakers for my comp, and ive got in mind these two: Z-640 and the Z-5300e, i just want to know which one has better performance.

Mouse - The RAZOR Diamondback is supposed to be the most advanced mouse on the market, just want to know if im upgrading from a crappy desktop mouse how much improvment will i notice. I dont want to spend over $100 on a mouse if i cant even see the difference.

PSU - I had in mind the 480W Thermaltake Butterfly ATX Power Supply, anyone own one of these? Or got any better suggestions for under $150AU

5. HDD - Seagate or Western Digital. WD is cheaper and more available to me in Australia...

Thats it for now.
Awaiting some good replys.
Thanks Guys.

1> If ur gonna over clock go with OCZ ram, that would be ur best bet and their value ram is pretty damn good.

3> ur best bet for a mouse is to go to your local best buy, or computer shop they usually have them out, give em a try and see which one feels right for your hand.

5. I prefer Seagate but either is good.

i think seagate is more reliable.

as for PSU, i believe that the Thermaltake Silent Purepower series is better

Fact is that theres a slim chance of either of them failing you, and both are great. Im a WD man but I've used Seagates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom