How long to wait before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav536

Baseband Member
overclocking. I just built a new pc(not in sig yet) and was wondering if I can overclock right away or should I give it a couple of weeks, to let it burn in?

Just in case someone was wondering:

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939

AMD athlon 64 3200+ Venice core

2xwestern digital 36g HD

OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel

eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

KINGWIN KT-424-BK-WM Black Aluminum ATX

ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W Power Supply

ZALMAN CNPS7000B-ALCU 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan(for cpu)

DVD drive

Samsung 930B flat panel monitor(19")

Let me know what you all think
Dave

Without liquid cooling you arent going to go extremley far, but like was mentioned above, give it about a week or two for all of the components to settle in and you to get a feel for the computer.

Thanks, not my first build but was just making sure. Yeah I know wont get to far with a fan, but I will be ordering my water cooling solution in a few weeks from danger den.

Thanks again,
Dave

AMD isnt the easiest to OC, do you know what you are doing on that front? Seems that you may be apt to burning a peice.

Not with all the memory timings you have to mess with. Intel is regarded as the "begginers OC" chip, since all you really have to do is up the FSB. Dosent really work that way on an AMD.

I did not have a hard time last time doing it on my old machine, but this is a different pc so time will tell. I might just wait til I get the water cooling setup. I was just wondering because it was well over 5mo before I tried last time and just did not want to burn up my cpu.

Thanks again,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom