Is this mobo and cpu good???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan666

In Runtime
Ok so far im gonna get a check around $400, im planning to buy VT7 ATX Socket 478 Motherboard, for Intel Pentium 4 Processors, and a Pentium 4 , 3.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, Socket FC-PGA4 478-pin Boxed Processor with HT Technology... Is these parts good enough for gaming????

I currently have a asus P4sgx-mx and a celeron 2.7, 512mb pc2700, and ati 9600se. My theory is that with thoughs new parts im gonna get, gaming would be alot smoother and no lags.

Am i right or wrong??

lag

Well If you going to upgrade you proberly should go with skt775 it not going to cost you that much more.

As for games not lagging any more it depends on the game and what setting you try to play it at. A radeon 9600SE is a pretty bad video card. Most new games like doom 3 is heavily graphic card dependent. With that graphic card you definally going to get some lag in games like doom 3 no matter what other parts you have in your computer.

If you're gaming, you should go AMD without question.
But if you primarly want smoother gaming, you should also look into getting a new GPU. I honestly don't think a 9600SE will play current games very smoothly.

MOBO: MSI's Neo4 Platinum Socket 939 nVidia nForce 4 Ultra
CPU: AMD 64 3200+ Venice
GPU: eVGA's GeForce 6800GT PCI-E

I only recommended the parts I have because they had the best reviews (when I bought it).

If you're trying to save money, look into this GPU instead.
Leadtek's GeForce 6600GT PCI-e

Remember that with your current system, it will be very difficult to just upgrade the motherboard and processor and play current games smoothly. You will without a doubt need a new GPU.

In this scenario, it may just be best to upgrade all three. You will definitely an AMD which will force you to get a 939 or other AMD motherboard. If it's a PCI express motherboard, you will need a new GPU as well.

You should defiantly look at AMD for gaming, intel are weaksauce for games, period.

However the main thing holding you back is graphics card, the mimimum for good gaming is a 6600GT these days

I recommend the Asus P4P800-E, SE and E Deluxe line, they are great motherboards for socket 478. But if your gaming go with the cpu and mobo Calzinger told you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom