Outlook 2002 Out of Office Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

justadummy

Baseband Member
I am trying to set up my 'out of the office assistant'. The help menu keeps telling me to go to click tools> out of the office assitant"

I do not have this option under 'tools'. Any idea why?

Is it possible that yu did not click the little arrow at the bottom to show all tools available? (It hides unused tools)

Perhaps when you installed it, you did not select "Run all from my computer", therefor; it did not install the out of office assistant. Try a re-install, and this time do a "Custom" and then when you get to the list of the applications, click the very top one and click "Run all from my computer". You will see that the size goes from around 280 to 336 mb (even though it looks like they are all selected, not all the tools are).

To resolve the problem, you can take the following steps:

Open Outlook.
Click on Tools.
Click on About Microsoft Outlook.
Click on the Disabled Items entry.
You will see a Disabled Items window open, with the following information within it:

The items below were disabled because they prevented Outlook from functioning correctly.

Please note that you may have to restart Outlook for these changes to take place.

Select the ones you wish to re-enable.

If you see "Addin: outex.dll (outex.dll)" listed, click on it to highlight it and then click on the Enable button. Then click on the Close button. Then click on the OK button to close the About Microsoft Office Outlook window.

You should then be able to click on Tools and then Out of Office Assistant to modify the out of office setting.

When I employed the procedure and then checked the registry afterwords, there was no longer a Resiliency subkey. The outex.dll DLL, which is apparently used by the Out of Office Assistant, was the only disabled item. The key that had been in the registry is listed below:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\outlook\Resiliency]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\outlook\Resiliency\DisabledItems]
"437C9368"=hex:01,00,00,00,14,00,00,00,14,00,00,00,6f,00,75,00,74,00,65,00,78,\
00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00,6f,00,75,00,74,00,65,00,78,00,2e,00,64,00,\
6c,00,6c,00,00,00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom