Windows 2000 Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to ask you now. Will you upgrade to keep getting new software with .net framework 2.0 or will you remain with 2K getting no updates or software from 2006 and up since XP is just a media upgrade and too much money?

It seems like all MS cares about period now is media upgrades and has totally abandoned the business world and the technology savvy.

Microsoft is in it for the money and how do you get money have pretty pictures and themes for the illiterate comptuer users which make up many of microsofts users.

But yet I don't complain as I know that Windows is the main system that you can make a living repairing so you need to know how it works and eventually you grow dependent on it and cannot go to Linux. At least this is the case with me. I tried Linux I can't use it not that I don't know how but I just prefer the user friendly windows.

*puts on best Yoda voice*
Crossed over to the dark side, you have.
/Yoda

beedubya is right; it's stupid to stop supporting something that still has a 48% market share in the business world. Honest to God, come 2006, I will never look back from OS X and the *nix family unless I have to.

*puts on Vador voice*
The dark side of the force is the pathway to powers many consider unnatural, you will never know the power of the dark side, join us the dark side is stronger.
/Vador

I don't mind new OS's as I don't have to pay for them till 2008 or 2012 if I go to uni. You gotta love MSDN. But unfortuantly I will have to build another PC to meet the Longhorn requirements. For average people though I understand it is hard to buy an newer OS but Microsoft placed you in a places you in a position where you have to upgrade at times like now. Microsoft pulled a dirty tatic with the discontinueation of 2K. They should have at least included .net framework 2.0 so that OS can use future software but they didn't.

well I know that you weren't lying, but net 2.0 framework won't be the stardard for at least 2-3 more years.

what I'm trying to figure out is how is they going to make the net 2.0 framework compatible with xp, but not with nt (2000), because for everything that works on XP, it also works on 2000. if they make it specifically check to see which version of windows that you have, before you can installed it, you can still force it to be recognize if you are savvy enough

But many are not so they can get away with it for the masses. Of course .net will not be standard right away but many say norton is the best anti virus though I disagree many hold that view and guess what norton antivirus and norton internet security and norton ghost 2006 series will be using. I can promise you they will jump right into the new tech.

The .Net framework is just a programming language. Programs have to be first written USING the .Net platform to NEED the .Net platform. Saying that no applications will run without it is false. I do not have .Net on my PC for I have no applications that require it.

By the way, Win 2K does support .Net 2.0 and it can be downloaded directly from Microsoft so I'm not really sure what you were talking about in the first place. :confused:

.Net 2.0

I'm not sure what you are talking about my friend. That is .net2.0 BETA will 2000 get the final verson NO. Also sure not all need it but many many programs do perhaps you are not aware that your programs use .net2.0 and besides that norton uses that and norton is the number one product that businesses use to protect themselves and many businesses still use 2K understand. That means they are wide open to attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom