MOBO Power Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
K guys, got the new system going and ran into a problem.... My powersupply the man plug that goes into the MOBO the long wide one that plugs into the mobo... well the one that comes out of the psu is 4 pins to short for the socket on my mobo. however it does fit in, on the bottom half of the socket... it does fit and i can power on.... is this ok? or do i need to find something that fits....

DFI LanParty Ultra-D UT nForce4
AMD Athlon 3200+ 64
Aspire 500watt psu 12v..

I can power on.... but it doesnt fill the whole socket....

if you've got strong rails it shouldn't be a problem...I have a friend with the same board and he runs it with a 20pin PSU, with the 4pin AUX pin plugged in and the molex connector, but leaves the FDD connector near the PCI-E slots unplugged and he hasnt had a problem with it.

OPPainted at xtremesystems is a well known OC'er and he also uses a 20pin in that mobo because he's using a DDR booster that apparently won't work with a 24pin

Nubius said:
if you've got strong rails it shouldn't be a problem...

if its aspire, it prolly aint too strong. U should look into replacing that with a real, quality PSU.

I run my MSI K8N Neo4-F nForce4 mobo on a 20 pin connector using the 4 pin connector. Runs stable as i could hope, and i OCed it fairly well too. I would still recommend that u use a 24pin if possible

If you're using a 20 pin connector I strongly advise you make sure you are using the 12v P4 ATX and molex connector as well, I would also suggest that keep the vDIMM jumper in JP1-2 positions and not increase it to the 4v option.

An ATX2.0 PSU really is a good thing to consider though.

cool guys thanks for the suggestions, yes i have the 4 pin plugged in and i have the other thing in to as well. thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom