Tell me what you think. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to get the 7800 GTX, but I can't really afford spending $600 on a video card. Should I go with a 6800 GT/ 6600 GT/ X800 XL and wait for the prices to go down? If waiting is a good decision, then which of the above is the best price/performance card?

Persian,
Trust the guys on this site, especially the monster and ultra techies: they know computers very well and are recommending the good stuff, not just what they prefer. If they say go with the DFI, do it. And ram is dam important too so don't buy that ram you mentioned. You should be able to get a really high end system for that price, so get what they have recommended cause then you won't regret it. Maybe look elsewhere if your supplier has limited manufactuers.....ie newegg, monarchcomputers.
Cheers.

Salam Persian.

do this:

Case:
Artec Guardian 868 blue 17 inch case (they look damn cool)

CPU:
AMD 64 x2 4200+ dual core CPU socket 939
Mobo:
DFI-LAN PART Nforce 4 SLI-DR PCI-E mobo

Ram:
OCZ dual Channel optomized Ram 1gb (2x512mb)

Hard Drive:
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 80gb

Video Card:
eVGA 6800gt (later get a second one) PCI-E

power supply:

OCZ powerstreamer 420watt low noise power supply

This comp wiht no disk drives, no monitor and no sound card will cost 1796 canadian, but it kicks major ass. I meen ur have an amazing CPU a really good Graphics card, your mobo has SLI PCI-E for future upgrades not to mention socket 939 for new AMDS. OCZ dual ram is awsome, and the barracuda aint bad. You will easily play any game out today maxed out to full with no problem.

Vaderpro and ki9090, I appreciate that. I also appeciate the real techies advice.
Is 2 GB necessary because it's only about 50 bucks more than a gig. How much performance gain would I be getting? Keep in mind I will be doing video editing and video converting.
DO ASUS or MSI make good SLI boards, or is DFI the best?
Should I go with a 6800 GT/ 6600 GT/ X800 XL in anticipation for the next generation of video cards?

I have also been considering not going SLI. This board performs much better than a lot of the SLI boards and many say that SLI is buggy. Besides I'm not that hardcore of a gamer; I just like to have nice graphics when I do play.
Do you think this is a good idea? And I much appreciate everyone's input.

Also, the AMD 64 3200+ seems to be a better buy because an overclocked venice core can beat the 4200+.

Please more input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom