hows this build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kray

Baseband Member
Mobo
MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor

Video Card
eVGA 128-P2-N368-TX Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

PSU
SILVERSTONE SST-ST46F ATX 460W Power Supply 115/230 V UL/ CUL, CB, TUV, Denko, Nemko, VDE

Memory
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory

Just wanted to check if this was all compatible. Also any opinions or suggestions. And don't tell me to get a dfi lanparty mobo and 7800 video card.

Computer will be used mostly for Final Fantasy XI, internet browsing, IRCing, IMing, and some light gaming. I don't really care about running Doom 3 at highest possible settings or stuff like that.

Everything is compatible and looks really good.

The only thing I would suggest is to get 2x512MB sticks of RAM, instead of just one stick of 1GB. This will enable you to run your RAM in dual channel mode.

It's not a big deal though, as dual channel only boosts performance slightly.

Corsair XMS 3200C2PT 2x512 or cosair value memory. What's your budget. IF this setup costs more than $1000, i wouldn't buy it.

Okay you DEFIANTLY WANT 2x 512 meg of ram and not a single stick

And what do you have against a DFI lanparty, better board than the neo 4's

And personally, I would reconsider the PSU as well

Ok, first the DFI lan party is not for everyone. Please get that into your heads. He has not mentioned any plans for overclocking, and the MSI neo 4 is a good board. It also costs about 50 dollars less than the DFI.

Also, besides overclocking, how is the DFI better? Does it make his computer run any faster? Will it give more frames in games, or improve his internet browsing time? Will it somehow magically increase his internet connection speed by a megabit?

Btw, your missing case/power supply/cd burner/hard drive/monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers. If you have those great!

I forgot to mention I already have everything else.

But for mouse I'm getting the Logitech MX510

And the PSU is stated in the first post. Also, I don't really plan on doing any overclocking.

i would get a cheaper PSU, cheaper brand vid. card maybe refurbrished, and 512XMS ram, and get a better CPU, like at least 3200 or something

I just plain don't like DFI really, so i rarely reccomend them. Much rather be friends with an Abit.

Why are you telling him to only get 512mb of ram pc_kid? He wants a gig, and he should. And he should want TWO 512's, not the one gig stick ;).

Don't change the video card, I couldn't recomend a better choice.

That PSU only puts out 18A on the 12v rail, get a different PSU. I would say something 24A's would be sufficient, but more could never hurt of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom