Liquid Cooling Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should also consider trying to get your hands on a 1977 Bonneville yourself, taking a dremel to the fittings, and cold welding 5/8" fittings on them yourself.

http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=228

It'll probably save you at least 40 bucks over the weaponcore and should perform good enough for your requirements. It's relatively easy to do.

Have any of you seen these in use? I prefer something that mounts inside, or right to the rear, but by the looks of this, I would have the Core sitting somewhere off the Rig.

Of course, if you have seen the results and they were great, not just good, then that may be a seal of approval I am interested in pursuing.

Also, I seem to be having a little trouble getting in touch with him, so If you can give him my email or route him to a thread of mine here it would be appreciated.

I have made one (link) as has Nubius. I have mounted mine in the bottom of my case by drilling holes and feeding the screws in the fans through those, and I know Nubius has mounted his in the top of his case somehow, but both of ours are inside the case.

You already know my temperatures. ;)

Alright, took a look at the pic. If you can, can you show me a pic of the core installed?

I have read the articles on modifying them, Does the thing dissapate the heat into the case which is then removed via the other fans in the case?

As mentioned prior, I just want effective heat removal, With a few good looks. I have no fear of doing something that is not a widespread as the common H2O Cooling setup. Actualy, I think I would prefer it.

You can go to Danger Den and get a 1977 Bonneville heatercore pre modded, for $10 more than the cost of an unmodded one. You can get the unmodded one for about $20, and the one at www.DangerDen.com (with the fittings) is $30. Weapons costs somewhere around $80, it just looks better. You can save $50 by doing it yourself, thats enough to afford a good block. Get that, and then cruise there and www.cooltechnica.com (super cheap prices) and peice together your system. Easy as pie.

I am going to take the rig down and clean up the inside. I am going to reroute the wires and clean it up asthetically. Shouldn't take me too long, so once that is done I am going to take a few pics of it and then post them as this may prove handy.

Later, and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom